Møysalen National Park
With Offersøy as a starting point, you have the possibility of experiencing the National Park Møysalen from the inside of Offersøy. This is a new, small national park, but with a great coast landscape with high, snow-peaked mountains, fertile forests and open fjords.
High up on the mountain you will find eternal snow and glacial-ice in a small glacier. You also have the opportunity to book a trip to Vestpollen in Øksfjord on Møysalen. Or from “Hennes” and “Lonkanfjord” in Hadsel.
Some facts about Moysalen National Park:
• One of Norway’s smallest national parks
• The highest mountain peak of Hinnøy, 1262 m.
• Lookout towards Senja – Narvik – Kebnekaise in the north & east and towards Hamarøy – Steigen – Landego – Lofoten in the south & west.
• The villages Lodingen, Sortland and Hadsel are situated next to each other in the Moysal-area.
• A trip to Møysalen is long and arduous (9 – 12 hours) and you really have to be in a good physical condition, wearing suitable clothes and shoes, to be able to take this journey.
Med Offersøy Feriesenter som base, er det mulig å oppleve Møysalen Nasjonalpark innerst i Øksfjorden. Dette er en ny og liten nasjonalpark, men med et storslagent kyst-alpint landskap med høye, alpine fjell, frodige lauvskoglier og åpne fjorder.
Vi har åpent hver dag i pinsen. Legg turen innom feriesenteret og ta en kaffekopp eller en middagstopp hos oss. Vi har også ledige rom, hytter og rorbuer i pinsen.
Arranged on Offersøy Feriesenter from 24th to 27th of May 2018. We wish all eager halibut fishermen welcome to fish contest!