Møysalen National Park
With Offersøy as a starting point, you have the possibility of experiencing the National Park Møysalen from the inside of Offersøy. This is a new, small national park, but with a great coast landscape with high, snow-peaked mountains, fertile forests and open fjords.
High up on the mountain you will find eternal snow and glacial-ice in a small glacier. You also have the opportunity to book a trip to Vestpollen in Øksfjord on Møysalen. Or from “Hennes” and “Lonkanfjord” in Hadsel.
Some facts about Moysalen National Park:
• One of Norway’s smallest national parks
• The highest mountain peak of Hinnøy, 1262 m.
• Lookout towards Senja – Narvik – Kebnekaise in the north & east and towards Hamarøy – Steigen – Landego – Lofoten in the south & west.
• The villages Lodingen, Sortland and Hadsel are situated next to each other in the Moysal-area.
• A trip to Møysalen is long and arduous (9 – 12 hours) and you really have to be in a good physical condition, wearing suitable clothes and shoes, to be able to take this journey.
Med Offersøy Feriesenter som base, er det mulig å oppleve Møysalen Nasjonalpark innerst i Øksfjorden. Dette er en ny og liten nasjonalpark, men med et storslagent kyst-alpint landskap med høye, alpine fjell, frodige lauvskoglier og åpne fjorder.
If you are staying on Offersøy and want to experience something exciting, we offer the following activities this summer.
Vi har åpent hver dag i påsken. Legg turen innom feriesenteret og ta en kaffekopp eller en middagstopp hos oss. Vi har også ledige rom, hytter og rorbuer i påsken.